CAPGEMINI PAPER & INTERVIEW - 18 JUL 2008 - CALICUT
I am selected for Cap Gemini in cappus recruitment process on 18jult.
Total consist of 3 rounds.
1) written test
3) HR interview.
1.) Quantitative 25 questions
2.) Analytical 25 ques
it is very easy all questions are repeated just check the questions in my previous mail or just check in net. Cut of is
10 marks in aptitude
10 marks in reasoning
I remember all questions. But I have to prepare for my placements. So I will write other questions later.
Quant questions as I remember
1) 1 ,27,125,?,729,1331
1^3, 3^3,5^3, 7^3, 9^3……….
2) 7, 19,31,43, ? , 77,89,101
Hint: add 12 to each
3) y w v t r p n
Find next letter
4) There is a rectangular Garden whose length and width are 60m X 20m.There is a walkway of uniform width around garden. Area of walkway is 516m^2. Find width of walkway
a)1 b) 2 c)3 d)4
5) ------------------- =
6) If a certain sum of money at SI doubles itself in 5 yrs then what is the rate?
a)5% b) 10% c)25% d)20%
Ans: 20% check answer
7) Fresh Grapes contain 90% water by wt. Dried grapes contain 20% water by %age. What will b wt of dried grapes when we begin with 20 kg fresh grapes?
8. A man engaged a servant on a condn that he’ll pay Rs 90 and also give him a bag at the end of the yr. He served for 9 months and was given a turban and Rs 65. So the price of turban is
Rs 10 / 19 / 0 / 55
9). The sum of six consecutive odd nos. is 888. What is the average of the nos.?
i. 147 ii. 148 iii. 149 iv. 146
10. In a race from pt. X to pt Y and back, Jack averages 30miles/hr to pt Y and 10 miles/hr back to pr X.Sandy averages 20 miles/hr in both directions. If Jack and Sandy start race at same tym, who’ll finish 1st
Jack/Sandy/they tie/Impossible to tell
11. A man engaged a servant on a condition that he’ll pay Rs 90 and also give him a bag at the end of the yr. He served for 9 months and was given a turban and Rs 65. So the price of turban is
Rs 10 / 19 / 0 / 55
22. Three wheels make 36, 24, 60 rev/min. Each has a black mark on it. It is aligned at the start of the qn. When does it align again for the first tym?
23. If 1= (3/4)(1+ (y/x) ) then
i. x=3y ii. x=y/3 iii. x=(2/3)y iv. None
Direction for Qn 15-18
An employee has to allocate offices to 6 staff members. The offices are no. 1-6. the offices are arranged in a row and they are separated from each other by dividers>hence voices, sounds and cigarette smoke flow easily from one office to another
Miss R needs to use the telephone quite often throughout the day. Mr. M and Mr. B need adjacent offices as they need to consult each other often while working. Miss H is a senior employee and his to be allotted the office no. 5, having the biggest window.
Mr D requires silence in office next to his. Mr. T, Mr M and Mr. D are all smokers. Miss H finds tobacco smoke allergic and consecutively the offices next to hers are occupied by non-smokers. Unless specifically stated all the employees maintain an atmosphere of silence during office hrs.
The ideal candidate to occupy office farthest from Mr. B will be
i. Miss H ii. Mr. M iii. Mr. T iv. Mr. D
The three employees who are smokers should be seated in the offices
i. 1 2 4 ii. 2 3 6 iii. 1 2 3 iv. 1 2 3
The ideal office for Mr. M would be
i. 2 ii. 6 iii. 1 iv. 3
In the event of what occurrence within a period of one month since the assignment of the offices would a request for a change in office be put forth by one or more employees?
i. Mr D quitting smoking
ii. Mr. T taking over duties formally taken care of by Miss R
iii. The installation of a water cooler in Miss H’s office
iv. Mr. B suffering from anemia
Direction for Qn 24-25
Elle is 3 times older than Zaheer. Zaheer is ½ as old as Waheeda. Yogesh is elder than Zaheer.
What is sufficient to estimate Elle’s age?
i. Zaheer is 10 yrs old
ii. Yogesh and Waheeda are both older than Zaheer by the same no of yrs.
iii. Both of the above
iv. None of the above
Which one of the foll. statements can be inferred from the info above
i. Yogesh is elder than Waheeda
ii. Elle is older than Waheeda
iii. Elle’s age may be less than that of Waheeda
iv. None of the above
It was pretty cool for us.
They gave us 2 topics
1) Is GD is mass elimination round
2) Smart work Vs Hard work
We are taken 2nd topic.
myself and friends 2 members supported smart work. Out of 10 they are taken 5 members from GD.
They are taken those people who can just talk English fluently.
Thing just u need to talk few points and u need to stick to the point.
As moderator asked others they said that they support both things but they couldn’t e explain well why they r supporting.
Few of them r not selected. Just u need to raise few points that’s it.
They asked me the general HR questions.
1) tell me about ur self.
I spoke for 3 minutes. In between I gave the explanation for my words like
I said willingness to learn.
I gave example for that.
After that they asked me to talk about 3 minutes in any one my core subjects. I explained about Power systems, as I am Electrical Engg. Then they asked me why socket is in triangle shape.
When I am saying about my family profile I said that my brother is working in Patni. Then he asked me why u joining in Cap Gemini. I said something prepare well for questions like these
Then they asked me any other extra curricular activities
I told about one program which u we r started for our juniors and village people.
When I am saying about my family profile
Then they asked me for similar HR questions.
At the end of HR he asked for any queries.
I asked of my job profile in company
I asked for my feedback. He said its ok and he is impressed about the program which we r conducting in our village. He told me that he would consult the other HRs for selection. I said thanks.
I waited up to evening 7 pm. They told me I am selected. In our branch 5 members are selected for HR we all cleared HR. they told us that they need more people.
They selected 36 members for Hr. from that 25 are selected.
Thanks to all the people who helped me for this success.
For any queries
Feel free to contact
Shared by: Rituparna S