CAPGEMINI PATTERN & INTERVIEW - 30 JUL 2008 - NAGPUR
I am a BE student at Kavikulguru Institue of Technology and Science, Ramtek, Nagpur. First of all, let me tell you, I never knew anything about Capgemini before I started preparing for it. If you are appearing for Capgemini campus, then I would suggest you to prepare really well, because getting into this company will be a mega booster for your career.
I think you should know the following about Capgemini:
1. Capgemini is a Europe MNC (unlike indian borne MNCs like Infosys, Wipro and all), spread in 38 countries around the globe.
2. Its a 13.8 billion $ company. Companies like infosys, satyam, wipro are not even half of Capgemini. (TCS being 7.4 bn$)
3. Its called the gurus of consulting.
4. It stands 5th the Indian IT company rankings 2008.
5. It stands 4th in the best IT consulting services company in the recent world rankings by Forbes.
6. Capgemini is a very good company for the freshers, unlike other IT firms, Capgemini stands the last when it comes to irregular firings.
Capgemini came for a Campus recruitment drive on Jul 30th, 2008.
The criteria was: For BE: 60% in BE till date & no active backlogs.
We were asked to report at 8:30am and to our surprise, the recruiters appeared sharp at 8:30 am (unlike other company people who are generally 3 or more hrs late). The most punctual company to add.. Then started the selection procedure.
1) Presentation: All the appearing students were called in a hall to see a power point presentation about the company. It was really interesting. We were formally introduced to the HR and her team. Its always better to note important points form the presentation since it may be asked in the interview. We were told about the package that we were going to get. It was 3 lakh CTC per annum. After the presentation, we were asked to move in rooms for aptitude test.
2) Aptitude Test: Aptitude test was on paper and an objective type. The paper was divided into two sections:
(i) Quantitative 25 questions.
(ii) Analytical 25 questions.
We were given 1 hr to solve the paper. There was a sectional cut-off of 10 marks (it was told in advance) and there was a provision of negative marking (0.25 marks deducted for every incorrect answer). I went for around 15 questions from both the sections and managed to clear the aptitude test.
Please note that there were 3 sets of question papers and they contained very few common questions. But a lot of questions (around 8-10) in each set were repeated questions (questions that had been asked in earlier campus interviews by Capgemini). So do refer to the previous years papers.. So, I will suggest you to go through all the questions by heart.
Questions are the same from the link below:
I would suggest you to go through as many Capgemini placement papers as possible. The questions are very simple. Candidates those who managed to clear the aptitude test were called for GD session.
3) Group Discussion:
All the selected candidates were divided into 13 groups of 10 students each.
The GD was being conducted simultaneously in 2 rooms. Our group got the topic "LIVE-IN RELATIONSHIP" Clearing the GD round is easy. The coordinators were really very friendly and made all the candidates relaxed. In GD, you will have to show your participation. Do open up your mouth, but at the same time, see to it that you are not disrupting others and make out a valid point atleast try to be around the point and just not beat around the bushes n blabber anything. Dont loose confidence even if you are not a very good speaker. Just give strong points, this is what matters the most. After about 1 hr the list of candidates who had cleared the GD was displayed and they were asked to report in a room for further proceedings. 60 candidates cleared the GD round.
4) Personal Interview:
There were 3 interview panels consisting of 2 members each. The interviews were going on simultaneously. The interviewer are the different ppl here ... I mean not the one in GD round..one was Preeti mam.. main HR she was there for PI n the other sir for technical.. for interview just wanna say that be very firm with your answers showing full confidence. If you dont know any answer say to them... they just asked about the dead basics of C & C++, some of Software Engg, n yes if you have gone through any project be very clear with that coz they may be asking your contribution to that... Sir also gave me to write a logic for swapping,
Try to be confident n yes keep smiling... coz it may add extra effects...
Finally the results were out... n I was the 7th to be selected... there were total 19 selections.