GEOMETRIC - PLACEMENT PAPER (C PROGRAMMIN)
1) Pointers (they may ask in i.w)
2) C++ (this is very very imp, based on this only I got job. one more thing is class, inheratence; polymorphism is sufficient)
3) you should prepare one fem project and tell them that as your own work (this will increase chance to 99%)
Written test pattern
1] C test 10q 20minuits
2] f e m test 19q 20minuits
3] Aptitude test 15q 20minuits
f e m test
1)who used the term finite element for the first time?
2)derive the jacobien |j| for beam element with strain energy?
(ans:promlem is not correct please do not attempt)
3) for an element sigma ni=1, which type of element it is?
b) natural co-ordinate
(ans 100% correct)
4) timoshenko beam element theory to consider...?
c) shear deformation
5)shear locking... ?
(ans is very stiff 'k')
(ans is arch element)
(ans is du/dy+dv/dx )
8)k=integral b(transpose)*d*b for large deformation which matrix will get effected?
(ans is d matrix )100%correct
9)for plane strain f(ex,ey,ez,r(x,y) ) - - -
(ans is ez=0)
10)serendipity element is
(ans 8 noded element)
(the element which is having nodes only on boundary is called serendipity element)
11)if the rotation of element and the displacement about n-a is same then the order of continuity
(ans is c1)
12)frontal theory is applied for
(please refer any fem book)
13)mindlins theory is applied for
c) this is the answer(both co&c1problems)
14)x=sigmani*xi,u=sigmani*ui which type of element (refer book)
15)beam subjected to udl find the moments at the 2 nodes
16)integral b(transpose)*sigma(here sigma means stress)*dv represents?
(ans is internal load vector)
17)integral et(epsiolan transpose)*sigma*dv
p=strain displacement vector
(ans [k]=[p]t(p transpose)*[q]*[p] )
remember order may not be correct
1)33 1/3 of 101 + 296 is
(ans 1200) check
2)0.625= ? (ans 27/40)
3)one ship goes along the stream direction 28 km and in opposite direction 13 km in 5 hrs for each direction.what is the velocity of stream? (ans 1.5 kmph)
4)cubic root of 3375=?
5 chairs=9 tables, 12 tables = 7 stools like that...
(ans is 80rs)
7)one clock rings 7 o'clock in 7 sec. in how many seconds it will ring 10 o'clock.
(ans 10.5 sec)
8)one watch is showing 30 past 3. what is the angle between minutes & hours hand?
(ans 75 degrees)
9)the average of 4 consecutive even numbers is 27. what is the largest number?
10) 25 stations, 24 stations are inbetween... how many tickets should be required.
(ans 25*24=600)puzzles to puzzle you "s.devi";prob 24
11) one ball was dropped from 8ft height and every time it goes half of the height. how much distance it will travell before coming to rest. (ans 24 approximately)
12) two trains are travelline at equilateral. train a is travelling in the direction of earths spin. other train b is travelling in opposite direction of earths spin. which trains wheels will wear first? and why? (ans train b .because of less centrifugal force.)
what is the out put for following programms
ans may be 1.(illegal initialization)
printf("%s %s %s ",a,b,c);
(ans is hellow,hellow,hellow
printf("%g %0.2g %0.4g %f",value,value,value,value)
(ans is 10,10,10,10.000000)
printf("i-value in the function=",i-value);
printf("i-value after the function=",i-value);
printf("i-value at the end of main=",i-value);
this is rough idea of the program
1)i-value in the function=25;
2)i-value after the function=50;
3)i-value at the end of the main=100;
this is rough idea:
(ans:out put is m=0)